Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my phone saying parts unknown for camera

Why is my camera saying unknown parts zzz

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 9:18 PM

Daniboo876 Said:

"Why is my camera saying unknown parts zzz"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting iPhone iSight Camera:

A. Go Here: If the Camera or Flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't Working - Apple Support

B. Ungenuine Camera Message:

Did you recently get the cameral replaced? If so, contact the person(s) who performed the replacement, and have them place a genuine camera in there.See Here: About Genuine iPhone Cameras - Apple Support.  They should have known better.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 9:18 PM in response to Daniboo876

Daniboo876 Said:

"Why is my camera saying unknown parts zzz"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting iPhone iSight Camera:

A. Go Here: If the Camera or Flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't Working - Apple Support

B. Ungenuine Camera Message:

Did you recently get the cameral replaced? If so, contact the person(s) who performed the replacement, and have them place a genuine camera in there.See Here: About Genuine iPhone Cameras - Apple Support.  They should have known better.

Sep 13, 2022 11:52 AM in response to Daniboo876

Daniboo876 Said:

"Why is my camera saying unknown parts zzz: Hi thank you for your reply..no I didn’t have anyone replace a camera

———-

You are welcome.

Did you just update your iPhone to iOS 16?

It may be a bug in the update. So, Start with a restart. Then, report this to Apple.

Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing and update, and how you have troubleshot it this far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Sep 13, 2022 12:27 PM in response to TheLittles

+1 to the comment above by "TheLittles". they ask OP if they just updated to ios 16, but looking at the bottom of OP's initial post, they seem to indicate that they are running a version of ios 15 - my guess is 15.7, which was also released yesterday along side ios 16.

For more info, see my post here in this other thread about the same/similar issue: Camera not genuine - Apple Community

Sep 13, 2022 3:43 PM in response to sunnysheth

Daniboo876 Said:

"Why is my camera saying unknown parts zzz: [...looking at the bottom of OP's initial post, they seem to indicate that they are running a version of ios 15 - my guess is 15.7, which was also released yesterday along side ios 16.[...]"

-------

Using the iPhone to reply --can't see the model an OS version. One thing about using these forums.

Why is my phone saying parts unknown for camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.