Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are titles I purchase owned by me forever?

Hi Apple,

i use a Firestick and have have your Apple TV app on my iPhone and iPad.

before I even think about subscribing to your TV service, I would like to know if I will forever own any titles that I purchase from you.

I ask because Amazon prime informed me that I do not own the 3 titles I purchased from them due to licence issues which annoys me because companies should not use words like (buy) or (purchase) when they actually mean (long rental) I live in France. Thank you.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 9:39 AM

Rebecca,

Good question, but since I do not use Apple TV I do not know the answer. I suggest to try the question in the dedicated forum for Apple TV:

Apple TV app - Apple Community

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 13, 2022 6:51 AM in response to artistrebeccals

Rebecca,

Here is the Legal notice from Apple USA. You can check the Apple website for the similar terms that apply to France.

"Purchased Content will generally remain available for you to download, redownload, or otherwise access from Apple. Though it is unlikely, subsequent to your purchase, Content may be removed from the Services (for instance, because the provider removed it) and become unavailable for further download or access from Apple. To ensure your ability to continue enjoying Content, we encourage you to download all purchased Content to a device in your possession and to back it up."

Sep 13, 2022 7:01 AM in response to ed2345

Hi 👋 thank you.

please could you tell me how customers are able to download the paid for movies then , from your Apple TV + service (we would pay for a movie accessed through your AppleTv + service via the app on our iPad, iPhone, or Firestick) and unless we figure a way of getting the movie out of your official AppleTv+ app , i imagine onto some kind of dongle or CD, your official AppleTv+ Could remove the paid for movie , even if it’s downloaded within the app similar to what happens on Amazon prime video? We can download movies on there but once they are no longer available, even the downloads don’t work.

i appreciate your help with this. Thank you.

Are titles I purchase owned by me forever?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.