Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac

Can anyone help? Me and my dad drove to an apple store today to try and get my iMac unlocked and have gotten absolutely nowhere! There is a 6 digit pin being requested that non of us know and apple claim they can’t remove. We have tried so many combinations that my mac is not locked for an hour and I could honestly burst into tears after spending a lot of money on this computer for me to take to university to now having nothing but a perfect computer that can go straight in the bin please please can someone help

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 1:02 PM

Typically the 6 digit passcode request like that means the iMac has been locked by Find My Activation Lock. “System lock PIN code“ at If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

You need to log into the Apple ID used on the iMac to turn off activation lock. See How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 1:02 PM in response to jamie-tayler

Typically the 6 digit passcode request like that means the iMac has been locked by Find My Activation Lock. “System lock PIN code“ at If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support

You need to log into the Apple ID used on the iMac to turn off activation lock. See How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.