Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new airpods with someone elses apple id

I bought Brand new apple airpods gen 3 new in box from best buy and some reason they were associated with someone else's apple ID. How do I get rid of them from that persons apple ID?

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 9:45 PM

sonray Said:

"new airpods with someone elses apple id: I bought Brand new apple airpods gen 3 new in box from best buy and some reason they were associated with someone else's apple ID. How do I get rid of them from that persons apple ID?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Third Party Sale:

These appear to be a returned item. The associates at BestBuy apparently never disassociated these from someone else's account. They should have known better. So, I recommend returning these to BestBuy, and then purchase them directly from Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2022 9:45 PM in response to sonray

sonray Said:

"new airpods with someone elses apple id: I bought Brand new apple airpods gen 3 new in box from best buy and some reason they were associated with someone else's apple ID. How do I get rid of them from that persons apple ID?"

-------

Troubleshooting a Third Party Sale:

These appear to be a returned item. The associates at BestBuy apparently never disassociated these from someone else's account. They should have known better. So, I recommend returning these to BestBuy, and then purchase them directly from Apple.

new airpods with someone elses apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.