Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden Photos Option Missing in iOS 16

Hey there, I was trying to hide my photos by adding them to the Hidden folder, but I no longer have the option. (There is exactly one photo in this folder)

When I press Share on any photo, there is no option "Hide". Pressing "Add to Album" does not showcase the hidden album, and pressing "Edit Actions" again does not offer the Hide option. I have iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 16. I have checked the settings, and the hidden folder is on, yet I cannot hide any new pictures. Has this happened to anyone else and can anyone help? 😞

TIA

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 13, 2022 11:38 AM

8 replies

Oct 26, 2022 11:54 AM in response to Jcblythe

hidden photos has been around for a long time.. I believe the only thing that changed in iOS 16.. is the hidden album requires biometric authentication (or iPhone passcode) to open it.

You're saying that if you go to Photos app, select Library.. or Albums and look at Recent.. That your hidden photos show up there among all the others?

That is not the case for me. I've used the Hidden album for years and I've never seen a hidden photo show up in the normal library or album area..

You might need to report that one to Apple?

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Sep 16, 2022 11:35 AM in response to StacyEn

Hey StacyEn,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you need some help with finding that Hidden Photos album. We certainly understand why you'd reach out and we are happy to help!

This may have accidentally been turned off. No worries though, you can go to Settings > Photos > Show Hidden Album and once there, if it's disabled, you can enable it.

Please have a look and let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Sep 20, 2022 4:37 AM in response to merlinapple

Hey there,

As stated above, the album was not an issue. All of the settings were on and I could access the photos in it, but could not add new photos. At least, not in the way it used to be via Share on the bottom left corner and then Hide.

Instead, I learnt that it was possible by pressing Menu (three dots), next to the Edit button on the top right corner. In other words, it appears that the Hide option has been relocated, however, searching on the internet I couldn't find any info on it. In any case, I resolved my issue.

Hidden Photos Option Missing in iOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.