Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My Reminder search on completed items not working with iOS 16

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2022 7:28 AM

Thanks so much Woof2022. I continued to troubleshoot and here is what fixed it:

Go into iCloud settings on your phone and turn off Reminders.

Wait 10 min or more and then turn it back on.

This fixed the problem for me.

26 replies

Sep 17, 2022 4:05 PM in response to JSH1205

Hello JSH1205,

We see that you're having an issue when searching within Reminders. If that is correct, take a look at the resource below on how to help with searching within Reminders.

Search and organize lists in Reminders on iPhone

If you are still having the same issue, please respond with some more details. What happens when you try to search in Reminders? Are you getting an error message? If so, what does the message say?

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sep 18, 2022 7:08 AM in response to JSH1205

To add a little more context (at least my experience) I have a new iPhone 14 (running 16.0.1) and on that device, searching in reminders does not work as it has in the past. It is only showing uncompleted items and is showing 0 completed even if there are definitely completed items that meet the search criteria. I checked my work phone (iPhone 11 running 15.6.1) and it is working as expected.

Nov 11, 2022 4:00 PM in response to EarthBuffalo

The problem is unique to the iPhone 13 because an iPad Air works fine. Placing a period [.] at the end of each reminder has fixed the search problem. Logging in to iCloud from a web browser, clicking next to the reminder text, and then pressing [.] does the trick. Then clicking next to the next reminder text will move the screen up some so another period [.] can be placed. While I have many reminders, placing a period [.] seems to go pretty fast compared to making a template and reorganizing everything including completed reminders. Completed reminders can be reused.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.