Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 16 on an iPhone SE gen 3

1) mail app freezes.

2) cannot see additional email addresses when sending a CC to multiple recipients. Limited to 3. Screen is cut off and phone freezes.

3) neither of these resolves after a hard reset.

4) occurred with early versions of iOS 15.

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 9:29 AM

Hmmm ... indeed! It does appear to be pointing to Apple Mail. One other thing to try is to see if another eMail client app would work any better. For example, if you use the Outlook client (part of Office 365) for your Microsoft eMail, does it still have the same issue. If not, then Apple Mail, would be suspect.

Since part of your eMail service is business related, does your workplace provide IT services? If so, maybe talking with them could prove helpful.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 9:29 AM in response to Goodblood

Hmmm ... indeed! It does appear to be pointing to Apple Mail. One other thing to try is to see if another eMail client app would work any better. For example, if you use the Outlook client (part of Office 365) for your Microsoft eMail, does it still have the same issue. If not, then Apple Mail, would be suspect.

Since part of your eMail service is business related, does your workplace provide IT services? If so, maybe talking with them could prove helpful.

Sep 14, 2022 7:44 AM in response to Goodblood

FWIW, I have a 3rd generation iPhone SE and do not have any of these issues with either iOS 15.x, or now iOS 16.

If you have had these issues since iOS 15, upgrading to iOS 16 would not necessarily resolve them. Other than upgrading or a "hard reset," what else have you tried, so far yourself, to resolve these issues so that we don't try offering potential solutions which may not have already worked for you?

Sep 14, 2022 8:24 AM in response to Tesserax

2 different Office 365 accounts (business) and one iCloud account

One office 365 account has a LOT of messages on it even though I try to clean it out. I estimate one upwards of 500K emails... I will pay attention to which account this is happening.

The other accounts are much less frequently used,

Odd though my colleagues with similar iPhones do not seem to have the same issue.

PS I am in the process of migrating the iCloud things to a different phone.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Sep 14, 2022 8:57 AM in response to Tesserax

When adding addresses to the Cc: "field" and I exceed 2 lines the window freezes. This happened with the iCloud account too. when entring the address in the third line suggested email font is colored black, not blue like the complete email addresses and the screen freezes at this point. All is good unless I want to copy many individuals.

When it freezes, I power the phone down, then reboot it and I can send the eMail but I am not able to add Cc: recipients or it will freeze again.

Hmmm

Sep 14, 2022 9:34 AM in response to Tesserax

I hit solved, because you have given me things to consider. Yes, We do have IT support, but i am afraid their expertise is with windows and not Mac. I can usually solve a Mac problem before they can.... Although they are very good in windows.

Sign, the lone Mac user in a windows environment.

Thanks again for your comments and consideration.

Best,

iOS 16 on an iPhone SE gen 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.