Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to update iPhone 14 to latest iOS 16 before moving all your data from old phone

It is my understanding that the new iPhone 14 phones will need to be updated to the latest version of IOS 16, whatever the version is once the phones start to arrive, immediately before you do your final set-up. If you want to transfer your data from an old phone using Quick Start would you need to set-up your new phone first then update the OS and finally erase the new phone and then run Quick Start using your old phone?

Or is there a better way?

iPhone

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2022 1:12 PM

Bryan Harding wrote:

It is my understanding that the new iPhone 14 phones will need to be updated to the latest version of IOS 16, whatever the version is once the phones start to arrive, immediately before you do your final set-up. If you want to transfer your data from an old phone using Quick Start would you need to set-up your new phone first then update the OS and finally erase the new phone and then run Quick Start using your old phone?

No run quick start, new phone will run the new update, after it is done it will continue with the transfer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2022 1:12 PM in response to Bryan Harding

Bryan Harding wrote:

No run quick start, new phone will run the new update, after it is done it will continue with the transfer.

how to update iPhone 14 to latest iOS 16 before moving all your data from old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.