Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch will no longer wake up MacBook Pro

Updated series 6 watch to latest OS last night. Mac is OS 12.5.1. Stopped waking up the macbook after I updated the watch OS.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Sep 15, 2022 8:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2022 8:08 AM

Hi

Following OS update, had similar problem earlier this year using a late 2015 iMac and Apple watch Series 4. Following advice from communities I unpaired the watch from my iPhone, rebooted both devices, paired the watch to the phone and looked to see if the "Open apps ....." reappeared in system preferences. (System Preferences > Security & Privacy>Use your watch to unlock apps and your mac).

This worked for me

Regards

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2022 8:08 AM in response to valeriaball

Hi

Following OS update, had similar problem earlier this year using a late 2015 iMac and Apple watch Series 4. Following advice from communities I unpaired the watch from my iPhone, rebooted both devices, paired the watch to the phone and looked to see if the "Open apps ....." reappeared in system preferences. (System Preferences > Security & Privacy>Use your watch to unlock apps and your mac).

This worked for me

Regards

Apple Watch will no longer wake up MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.