Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of new macbook

Hi

I opened my new MacBook today, didn't have the chance to add my apple id info and now Im locked out. I tried restarting it and writing the password I chose but it says its incorrect and wont let me reset it. I did use my fingerprint to enter as well but I don't have the option to do so now because using it requires me to insert my correct password first.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

MacBook Pro 16″, 12.1

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:45 AM

Jolan8622 wrote:

Hi
I opened my new MacBook today, didn't have the chance to add my apple id info and now Im locked out. I tried restarting it and writing the password I chose but it says its incorrect and wont let me reset it. I did use my fingerprint to enter as well but I don't have the option to do so now because using it requires me to insert my correct password first.

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 7:45 AM in response to Jolan8622

Jolan8622 wrote:

Hi

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Locked out of new macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.