Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my macbook runs hotter than it used to, could it be dust build up is causing the problem?

If my Macbook runs hotter than it used to, is it possible the dust accumulation in the cooling fans or fins is causing the increase in temperature? Comparing the same load from past - present, and it runs a bit hotter than it used to, could dust build-up be the cause?

If so, will taking it to a technician and getting cleaned solve the problem? or is it not yet the right time to get it cleaned unless I need to? I am planning on getting the battery replaced, so I'm thinking of also getting the fans cleaned from dust as well as other components that might be dusty. Is it risky to do this? do I only need to clean it if I should? or is it better to get it cleaned while replacing the battery to save time?

If I get it cleaned, will all my dust-related issues and worry about my computer (specifically the insides) be gone?

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 9:38 AM

If it's so bad air flow is inhibited, sure ... that cause overheating.

1 reply

If my macbook runs hotter than it used to, could it be dust build up is causing the problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.