Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4K movies from iTunes store only download at 720p

I have purchased and rented movies from the apple store that are advertised as 4K. However, when I download them to watch offline, the downloads are only 1080p or 720p. How do I download in 4K quality?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 11:01 AM

iTunes Store movies and TV shows are not downloadable in 4K resolution. 4K content is streamable in 4K though.

Apple TV+ content is downloadable in 4K resolution.

Find movies with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

You can download a copy of an HD movie to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, but you can't download a 4K version. You might be able to download Dolby Vision and HDR versions to your iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 11:01 AM in response to karldema

iTunes Store movies and TV shows are not downloadable in 4K resolution. 4K content is streamable in 4K though.

Apple TV+ content is downloadable in 4K resolution.

Find movies with 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, or Dolby Atmos in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

You can download a copy of an HD movie to your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC, but you can't download a 4K version. You might be able to download Dolby Vision and HDR versions to your iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices.

4K movies from iTunes store only download at 720p

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.