Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync music files from iTunes to iPhone

I just recently subscribed to apple music and everything has been working fine so far. Before I had some mp3 files that I would sync manually from my computer to my phone because those songs weren't available on apple music. Now when I go to sync manually from iTunes it shows that it goes through the process very quickly and then nothing gets transferred to my phone. Does apple music block the option entirely, or is there a way to fix this?

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 12:05 PM

When you're using Apple Music on your iPhone you should also enabled Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library on your computer so updates to the library can flow in either direction. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. In general the mp3 files of tracks that are not in the Apple Music catalog should upload from your library and then stream/download to your device. The status column should indicate if there are any reasons why specific items are excluded.

t2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2022 12:05 PM in response to Anton.S64

When you're using Apple Music on your iPhone you should also enabled Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library on your computer so updates to the library can flow in either direction. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. In general the mp3 files of tracks that are not in the Apple Music catalog should upload from your library and then stream/download to your device. The status column should indicate if there are any reasons why specific items are excluded.

t2

Can't sync music files from iTunes to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.