Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Screen Pink after iOS 16 Update

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with their iPhone SE 2020 (or any other iPhone for that matter) after upgrading to iOS 16. I occasionally see flickering pink blocks or glitches on the screen as I navigate around the UI. Its very prominent when I open the Home app and scroll up and down through my smart devices - sometimes it even causes the UI to temporarily freeze or pause as I scroll up/down and significant chunks of the screen show this pink blocking or distortion. It also fairly obvious on the new lock screen customisation screens. Other apps seem to be affected to a lesser extent.

Just to be clear - the whole screen doesn't go pink - just random portions of it - and only for fractions of a second - almost a flickering effect.

I've not observed this behaviour at all on previous versions of iOS - but it started happening immediately after upgrading to iOS 16.

Firstly I tried doing a hard reset - no joy - followed by erasing and restoring my iPhone to see if that would help, but unfortunately it didn't help.

I turned on screen recording to see if I could capture a video of the behaviour but when I open the Home app and the pink artefacts appear, the phone freezes up and has to be reset.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 17, 2022 12:51 PM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2022 5:33 PM in response to Shane-K

Hello Shane-K,

We can understand your concerns with the iPhone screen. The photo you provided is helpful. Do you have Dark Mode enabled? If so, try turning that off, restarting your iPhone, then re-enabling it to see if that corrects this issue.

1. Use Dark Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If the issue persists after those actions, contacting Apple or having your phone checked out by an Apple certified technician would be a good option. The links below will help you reach out to Apple or find service locations in your area.

Apple Support

Find Locations - Apple

Best regards.

Sep 21, 2022 7:03 AM in response to Missy5937

Hi Missy,

Thanks for getting back to me. My phone was configured to use Dark Mode so I did what you suggested - I disabled dark mode, restarted my phone and re-enabled it - however this didn't seem to solve the problem and the pink artefacts still appear on the screen when I scroll in certain apps.

I'll have a technician at my local Apple store take a look and see what they recommend...

Thanks.

iPhone Screen Pink after iOS 16 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.