Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 won't update to iOS 15.7

I need to update my iPhone 7 that is running on iOS 11.4 (15F79) to the latest iOS 15.7 (it's supported) to be able to run a lot of apps that I now need to use. However, every time I try to update it, I always get a pop up message that says something along the lines of "There was an error with trying to update to iOS 15.7." I've tried every method and even loaded iTunes onto my computer to try and force my phone to update, but whenever I do that, I get a message on ITunes saying that I need to get the latest version of iTunes in order to update my phone. I just downloaded iTunes onto my laptop a few days ago and when I check what version my iTunes is, it says "This version of iTunes (12.10.11) is the current version." I keep trying to update my phone, and sometimes it does "update" but after it finishes updating, I check and it's still 11.4 (15F79). I've tried everything and even contacted Apple Support. I don't know what else to do. Could the problem be that my iPhone 7 is too behind on the iOS updates? Because I've heard many people saying their phones' battery drain faster when updating, so I didn't bother updating it. But now I'm kinda left with no choice because my phone's battery is already draining fast as I've had this phone for 5 years now. And I need to use certain updates but my current iOS version doesn't support it.

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 10:19 AM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2022 11:44 AM in response to dilbert41

I believe my PC is running on Windows 8.1 unfortunately. Does that mean the only way to update my phone is to find another PC that is running on any other Windows update as long as it's later than Windows 8.1? I've tried downloading it from the Microsoft Store from Apple's website, but it doesn't show and I'm getting it's because the PC needs to be running on Windows 10. Do you know any other ways that I could update my iPhone? Thank you so much for your reply! It helped me a lot!

iPhone 7 won't update to iOS 15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.