Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Password Reset

How do I reset the password on all my old notes? I don’t understand why my iCloud would keep me from being able to view notes I made myself that I forget the password to from a decade ago. Please help me figure out a way to do this or able to unlock the notes with Face ID or something. Thanks.

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 3:00 AM

I'm afraid, resetting the password for your notes is not possible:

Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your notes password. If you forget your notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. If you reset then create a new notes password, that only allows you to lock other notes.

copied from: How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 3:00 AM in response to switchingtoSamsungbcios10

I'm afraid, resetting the password for your notes is not possible:

Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can’t help you access them if you forget your notes password. If you forget your notes password, resetting the password doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. If you reset then create a new notes password, that only allows you to lock other notes.

copied from: How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Notes Password Reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.