Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset my Notes password?

How do I reset my Notes password within my iCloud account?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 6:14 PM

Barnabas24 wrote:

You cannot reset your notes password to work with notes that are locked with a forgotten password. You can reset the password to work with new notes moving forward. The information below is copied from here.

Lock your notes on iPhone - Apple Support

Important: If you forget your custom password, and you can’t use Face ID or Touch ID to access your locked notes, Apple can’t help you regain access to those notes.

You can reset your custom password, but this doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. The new custom password applies to all notes you lock from now on. Go to Settings > Notes > Password > Reset Password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 6:14 PM in response to Barnabas24

Barnabas24 wrote:

You cannot reset your notes password to work with notes that are locked with a forgotten password. You can reset the password to work with new notes moving forward. The information below is copied from here.

Lock your notes on iPhone - Apple Support

Important: If you forget your custom password, and you can’t use Face ID or Touch ID to access your locked notes, Apple can’t help you regain access to those notes.

You can reset your custom password, but this doesn’t give you access to previously locked notes. The new custom password applies to all notes you lock from now on. Go to Settings > Notes > Password > Reset Password.

How do I reset my Notes password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.