Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset Notes password

How can I access my locked Notes? I tried to reset password for my iCloud & my AppleID but still doesn’t work.

Is there a way that I can remove the lock without affecting the file at all?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2022 2:41 PM

Unfortunately, if you have forgotten the Notes password, you won't be able to access the Notes.

The good news is that you get an unlimited number of tries at the password, so hopefully you can recall it.

You can certainly set up a new Notes password, but this will only help with new Notes that you create. It won't help with the old Notes that you are trying to recover.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2022 2:41 PM in response to PurplejinG

Unfortunately, if you have forgotten the Notes password, you won't be able to access the Notes.

The good news is that you get an unlimited number of tries at the password, so hopefully you can recall it.

You can certainly set up a new Notes password, but this will only help with new Notes that you create. It won't help with the old Notes that you are trying to recover.

Reset Notes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.