Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing

Hello everyone, I have a problem with the iCloud drive space allocation. I had a family sharing plan with 200 GB of which 190 allocated, 140 for me and 50 for my daughter. She wanted to have her own plan so yesterday I took the family sharing out from my iCloud account and from her account. So I was expecting to have 50 GB more and not to see on her computer the family space in the iCloud page, but this is not the case. I still see her 50 GB on my allocation representation and she still seems to be on the family sharing plan. Any help to understand why this is happening? What I have done wrong with cancellation of the family sharing. This is what I still see this morning, it is in italian but I guess easy to understand. Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 8:19 AM

Good, but be careful not to do that too frequently. Apple imposes limits as to how frequently people can join a family.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read the section: "Invite people to join your family"

"Remember, you can only join one family at a time, and you can only switch to a different family group once per year."

I suspect in your case that it was just taking time for the change in situation to update on your device. In theory everything happens instantly but in reality you are at the mercy of servers and connections.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 8:19 AM in response to filzam64

Good, but be careful not to do that too frequently. Apple imposes limits as to how frequently people can join a family.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read the section: "Invite people to join your family"

"Remember, you can only join one family at a time, and you can only switch to a different family group once per year."

I suspect in your case that it was just taking time for the change in situation to update on your device. In theory everything happens instantly but in reality you are at the mercy of servers and connections.

Sep 20, 2022 12:55 PM in response to filzam64

iCloud sharing can be tricky under some scenarios but since you say you have removed her completely from Family Sharing then she should be gone. However, if there are other family members then they will be in that Famiglia group so it won't go completely unless you shut off iCloud sharing.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Sometimes it helps to have the devices involved take a fresh look at settings:

- Try signing out of accounts and back in again.

- Restarting is a simple step that can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

If a problem persists, particularly over several days, try contacting Apple for assistance:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.