Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Safari 16 (09/22)

I have noticed a number of bugs with Safari 16:-

(1) Virtually every website now requires cookies permissions every time I go to them, despite allowing cookies in Settings.

(2) It keeps logging me out of everything every day.

(3) Sites such as Facebook etc simply don't work properly any more and keep displaying an "out of memory" notice....

(4) In general, the latest version is poor compared with previous versions, sadly......

Anyone else noticed these issues too?

Colin.

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 7:36 AM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2022 6:55 AM in response to CHGStock

Hey there CHGStock, 

It sounds like you are having a number of problems using Safari. It would be best for you to follow each of the steps and recommendations linked below.

If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected   

1. Check Safari extensions
  2. Check Safari settings
  3. Test with a private window
  4. Install software updates
  5. Check VPN or other security software
  6. Check network settings

Have a good one!

Sep 30, 2022 5:03 PM in response to CHGStock

I'm having issues also and have been hoping for a patch/update.

Map graphics are messed up. Problem seen on Google Maps and Wunderground. Saw many other complaints of the same issue on Reddit.

This particular problem may be related to "WebGL via Metal". Based on a tip from another site, turning it off helps sometimes, and yet, turning it on helps other times.

Very confusing and a PITA. I'm about ready to switch to another browser.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), Monterey 12.6

Issues with Safari 16 (09/22)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.