Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone text notification not working

I have the same issue as previously reported by Pmckelvey. With Bluetooth off I get the notification, with Bluetooth on, no notification if phone is asleep. Both phones in household have thee IOS 16. This is an issue for me - iPhone XR but not for other phone, 11 pro. All settings are identical. Now what?

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 9:32 AM

1 reply

Sep 24, 2022 8:16 AM in response to RowbearYY

Hey RowbearYY,

It sounds like you're having an issue receiving Messages notifications on your iPhone. We can understand wanting to look into that further. We want to help.

You mentioned the issue only happens with BlueTooth enabled, if you have an Apple Watch, its possible the notifications are being sent to the Apple Watch instead of your iPhone. You can find more information on that here: Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Where notifications appear

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

iPhone showing notifications going to iPhone instead of Apple Watch 

If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.

Apple Watch showing notifications going to Apple Watch instead of iPhone 

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked."

If that's not applicable, we'd recommend checking to see if any Focus or Do Not Disturb settings are enabled that could be blocking notifications: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Thanks!

iPhone text notification not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.