Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders in photos

Is there a way to sort photos in folders instead of albums in photo app. I hate albums. I want my London photos to be in London folder and not anywhere else. With albums you never know where is your photo. You are never sure if the photo is in album or not.

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 8:12 AM

The folders in the Photos.app can only hold other folders or albums, but not media items like photos or videos. We can only add photos or videos to albums.

Or do want to to store your photos in folders in the Finder? This is possible, if you use referenced photos, but I cannot recommend to do it this way. It is currently not well supported in Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2022 8:12 AM in response to Pisabalabi

The folders in the Photos.app can only hold other folders or albums, but not media items like photos or videos. We can only add photos or videos to albums.

Or do want to to store your photos in folders in the Finder? This is possible, if you use referenced photos, but I cannot recommend to do it this way. It is currently not well supported in Photos.

Folders in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.