Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i bought iphone 13 one week ago. it drains 4 -5 percents overnight. is it normal?

i bought iphone 13 one week ago. it drains 4 -5 percents overnight. is it normal?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 9:08 PM

If the phone is left on (not fully shut down) that is completely normal. The phone needs to use some power for things like keeping the time and downloading updates. If you’re worried about it I would recommend charging overnight.

6 replies

Sep 24, 2022 7:46 AM in response to Mariam_k

Adding on to what Kurtosis12 said, no it is not at all bad to charge your iPhone overnight. iPhones have sensors that will tell it when it is fully charged and to stop charging. You can also turn on optimized battery charging in your battery settings. This will keep the phone at 80 percent battery most of the time it’s plugged in overnight, and finish the charge before you wake up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.