Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I set a time for an appointment on my watch while in the Eastern time zone. Now back in central time zone, and both phone and macbook (all up to date) show the appointment in eastern time. How to fix this?

I made an appointment for something at home (in Central time zone) while I was visiting in

Eastern time zone. Today is that appointment, but my phone and my macbook are showing the appointment in Eastern time. Appt. is 11 a.m., phone and macbook show it as 10 a.m. I also have an apple watch if that matters. I did set the time to be 11 am when I made the appointment. This has happened before. My iOS calender notification showing an hour earlier?? I need step by step instructions to fix this as I'm not tech savvy. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 7:40 AM

To make life easier, iCloud has a feature called Time Zone support.

Note: Changes you make to the time zone appear on every device with Calendars turned on in iCloud settings and time zone support turned on. Time zone support must be turned on individually for each device.

When time zone support is on, you can choose any time zone from the Time Zone pop-up menu when you create an event.

Alternatively, use Floating Time Zone in the iCloud Calendar using https://www.icloud.com/calendar/. This means that it automatically detects time zone differences. This also means it doesn't change everything-up as you travel.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2022 7:40 AM in response to wabashmom97

To make life easier, iCloud has a feature called Time Zone support.

Note: Changes you make to the time zone appear on every device with Calendars turned on in iCloud settings and time zone support turned on. Time zone support must be turned on individually for each device.

When time zone support is on, you can choose any time zone from the Time Zone pop-up menu when you create an event.

Alternatively, use Floating Time Zone in the iCloud Calendar using https://www.icloud.com/calendar/. This means that it automatically detects time zone differences. This also means it doesn't change everything-up as you travel.

I set a time for an appointment on my watch while in the Eastern time zone. Now back in central time zone, and both phone and macbook (all up to date) show the appointment in eastern time. How to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.