Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unpairing Apple Watch 3 from Afar ? Can it be done through iCloud ?

I sold my Apple Watch 3 to someone out of state. I unpaired the device and performed a factory reset before sending. He received the watch and it apparently is prompting him to input my credentials. I logged into iCloud and it still shows my watch under my account there but not on my phone. I read that by clicking 'erase apple watch' will solve this problem. I did and it still states that 'erase is pending' and is needed to connect to the internet. He claims that he performed an update and it keeps asking for my credentials. What can I do from afar to remove my Apple ID <so called> restriction ? Should I click on 'remove from account' when logged into iCloud on my desktop ?

The current image of what he's looking at is attached. Thanks for the help.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 22, 2022 10:46 AM

3 replies

Sep 22, 2022 11:35 AM in response to Community User

He claims that he is unable to connect to the internet to process the 'erase' step. While I know that the watch is erased and restored to factory, is this step 100% necessary or can I just click 'remove from account' ? Will he need to have it connected to the internet if I click 'remove from account' ?

Below is what he's looking at now with the 'activation lock'. Not sure what to do from here. thanks for the help

Sep 22, 2022 11:58 AM in response to claarn

That last post was for your eyes,you need to remove the activation lock not the buyer.

You might have to get the watch back repair it with your phone then remove the activation lock,or looking at the last screenshot you could send him your apple id and see how that goes.

Unpairing Apple Watch 3 from Afar ? Can it be done through iCloud ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.