Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail and Apple Mail not working together on iPhone

I've been trying for over a week to get my Gmail account hooked up with my iPhone's Mail app. I have googled as much as I can, verified my settings are correct, and nothing is working. I have enabled IMAP in Google, I've added my Google account to my iPhone and enabled Mail. I've setup the notifications to "Fetch" automatically. Nothing is working and it's really frustrating as I already have the Gmail app hooked up to my school email and I'd like to keep them separate.

My Mail app just spins forever and says "checking for mail" and nothing ever happens. I've deleted my Google account and re-added it. I've shut down my iPhone and restarted it. I have the most current iOS 16 update. Nothing is working!!! any help would be greatly appreciated before I lose my mind. Thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 4:10 PM

brittg97 Said:

"Gmail and Apple Mail not working together on iPhone: I’ve been trying for over a week to get my Gmail account hooked up my iPhone’s Mail app.[…]

———-

Troubleshooting iPhone eMails:

A. Go here: If you can’t Send eMail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Add the eMail Account Back.

See if it all syncs when you add the eMail Account back. If it is on a Mail server the it should pop up. It may take some time, if you have thousands to download.

C. Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). So, go here for gmailSign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2022 4:10 PM in response to brittg97

brittg97 Said:

"Gmail and Apple Mail not working together on iPhone: I’ve been trying for over a week to get my Gmail account hooked up my iPhone’s Mail app.[…]

———-

Troubleshooting iPhone eMails:

A. Go here: If you can’t Send eMail on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Add the eMail Account Back.

See if it all syncs when you add the eMail Account back. If it is on a Mail server the it should pop up. It may take some time, if you have thousands to download.

C. Use a New App Password:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). So, go here for gmailSign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google

Gmail and Apple Mail not working together on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.