Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating iPhone 13 Mini

Here’s what I did:

1. Unboxed the phone.
  2. Turned it On and set it up without Apple ID (just basic setup).
  3. Connected the phone to charger (the phone had about 50% battery out of the box).
  4. Updated phone software to iOS 16.0.2. This process took about 30 minutes.
  5. I transferred all my apps and data from my old iPhone to the new one. This took just about 10 to 12 minutes.

The phone stopped charging at some point in this process when battery was around 85%. Here is the message I got:

”Charging was on hold due to iPhone temperature”.

I have never seen a message like this on any of the other iPhones in the family. I don’t think the above activity for about 40 minutes was too stressful or long enough to put strain on the battery.

What do you think?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Sep 23, 2022 11:46 PM

1 reply

Sep 26, 2022 11:55 AM in response to Sridhar Ananthanarayanan

Greetings Sridhar,

To help keep your iPhone within acceptable operating temperatures, follow the guidance found here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch gets too hot or too cold - Apple Support

"Your device might get warm

You might notice that your device feels warmer when you:

• Set up your device the first time
  • Restore from a backup
  • Wirelessly charge your device
  • Use graphics-intensive or processor-intensive apps, games, or features, including augmented-reality apps
  • Stream high-quality video

These conditions are normal, and your device will return to a regular temperature when the process is complete or when you finish your activity. If your device doesn't display a temperature warning, you can keep using your device."

Take care.

Overheating iPhone 13 Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.