Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Max audio issues

Has anyone had issues with the volume on the phone suddenly lowering down to near non-hearable content on the new iPhone 14 Pro Max? I have owned every single iPhone model and this has never happened to me. I upgraded from iPhone 13 Pro Max. This has happened to many times for me to count. The volume decreases 5-10 seconds while listening to content on the speaker or while connected to Car Play.

This has happened on Audible while listening to books as well as TikTok and music. The event is sudden and unpredictable. Sometimes it will occur every few minutes while listening. I have not made enough phone calls on this phone to see if I am having the reported issues associated. with Car Play.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:36 AM

I too have issues with sound as sudden reduces the volume while listening to music with full volume,still my iPhone 14 pro max is with issues with output volume having less sound than before or with original audio level. And when I turn the volume in full , I hear distortion of music in the speakers with less audio unlike before.

Similar questions

67 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 7:36 AM in response to Doogy858

I too have issues with sound as sudden reduces the volume while listening to music with full volume,still my iPhone 14 pro max is with issues with output volume having less sound than before or with original audio level. And when I turn the volume in full , I hear distortion of music in the speakers with less audio unlike before.

Nov 6, 2022 4:48 PM in response to Omar_A1

I am still having issues with the phone volume suddenly decreasing. I followed your recommendations. It happens with carplay and without CarPlay. It happens with apple AirPods Pro2 and with the speaker on the phone. I am using iPhone 14 pro max iOS 16.1. It occurs with Audible, TikTok, Apple Music and Apple Podcasts. In addition it occurs when there is no background noise.

Jan 2, 2023 9:04 PM in response to Doogy858

Doogy858 Said:

"iPhone 14 Pro Max audio issues: Has anyone had issues with the volume on the phone suddenly lowering down to near non-hearable content on the new iPhone 14 Pro Max? [...]This has happened on Audible while listening to books as well as TikTok and music. The event is sudden and unpredictable."

-------

No. I have not come across this issue.

For reference...

Troubleshooting iPhone Audio:

A Few Links that May Help:

Sep 26, 2022 4:04 PM in response to Doogy858

Hello Doogy858,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Do you currently have the Reduce Loud Sounds setting enabled?

"Reduce loud headphone sounds in Settings

1. Go to Settings , then tap Sounds & Haptics (iPhone 7 and later) or Sounds (earlier models).
  2. Tap Headphone Safety.
  3. Turn on Reduce Loud Sounds, then drag the slider.
  4. iPhone analyzes your headphone audio and reduces any sound above the level you set."

More details can be found here: Use headphone audio level features on iPhone

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Does this only happen with CarPlay? Also, what is your exact iOS version?

Cheers!

Nov 21, 2022 10:57 PM in response to Omar_A1

Nothing seems to fix this issue. It happens with every application regardless of the sound source. If I listen to Apple Music directly from the phone speaker in a quiet room I continue to have the same issue. The volume on every app spontaneous just drops for several seconds and then returns to normal. It happens with AirPod pro 2, AirPods pro1, Air pod max, bluetooth speakers, or simply the phones speaker.

Nov 28, 2022 4:54 AM in response to Doogy858

Am having the exact same issue. Phone worked good for about a month then all of sudden this issue has arose. Doesn’t seem to happen when plugged and in and fully powered but notice it gets worse as the battery life drops.

regretting my choice moving from a Samsung to an iPhone.

also tried the Face ID thing that the previous poster suggested and it doesn’t solve the issue.

Oct 13, 2022 3:16 AM in response to Doogy858

The latest software update addressed the CarPlay volume issue, however it brough other problems with it:

1) Bluetooth - my hearing devices constantly lose connectivity (sometimes one hearing device and then sometimes there other) - I never had this problem before?

2) Answering calls - I am unable to answer MS Teams calls when the screen is locked?

3) GPS - the GPS on both Apple and Google Maps could not connect resulting in the phone having to be rebooted while of driving (nice safety hazard for an expensive phone)?

I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max, which I have had for 2 weeks now, and quite frankly I am very disappointed in my cash purchase. I would not recommend this product - just too many "bug" issues

Nov 17, 2022 6:53 AM in response to Doogy858

apple software is so full of bugs. Always announce ‘best’ but actually is ‘worst’

since the release of 16 version my mail Apple app number of message bubble notification on the app and library reflect different numbers per the attached (mail app 12 and library reflects 10?).

wifi calling with the iPhone pro max is unstable, whether using teams of FaceTime.

a real disappointment and will not consider Apple products in the future. I rely on call stability as that is a fundamental of a phone, apparently not for an iPhone?

Oct 31, 2022 12:32 AM in response to Omar_A1

I followed your recommendations Omar_A1. That did not solve the problem in addition I turned off reduced sound and notifications on my phone and Apple Watch Ultra and that did not work. When connected to Car Play in my 2021 BMW M5 and listen to any streaming audio the volume just suddenly reduces to very low levels then back to the volume it was prior to the reduction. This is currently only happening when I am connected to CarPlay using my iPhone 14 pro max iOS 16.1(20B82).

I just found another setting hidden in a health checklist that that was turned on that allowed notifications on my Apple Watch. I turned it off. I will see if this fixes the problem but I am not hopeful.

Nov 1, 2022 6:52 AM in response to hollace32

I experienced lost GPS signal issues again today and have intermittently dropped WiFi calls or patch’s of lost conversation.

i have had the phone for a month now and hope I can return it for a refund. It can’t even handle basics like making a phone call - one has to make numerous attempts with some calls having no audio but the timer is running?

seriously dissatisfied and disappointed.

where / how to arrange a cash refund?

Nov 15, 2022 7:27 AM in response to carlucac

I'm not entirely sure that would help me with that. My situation has pretty much any app that plays audio or video will drop it volume.

The problem is not limited to a Bluetooth issue or car play. I'd have to delete my podcast app, audible app and all social media apps, etc. that said it has to be a software or a hardware issue.

iPhone 14 Pro Max audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.