Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Made an encrypted folder, won't open

I've been doing this successfully for years. This one won't open, I can open it using Disc Utility, Open Disc Image, it asks for the password and then I can Show in Finder. So it isn't a disaster but is rather a pain. It's a huge file so duplicating it would be a gigantic pain in the butt! The community won't allow me to enter Monterey 12.6 which what I'm actually using.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 24, 2022 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 5:20 PM

Mr. Bacon Said:

"Made an encrypted folder: Bizarre! over 30 years with Apple and no complaints but lately it's one **** thing after another. In this case I created a new ecncrypted file, went through the crap loading the folder with the old files and it works just fine!"

-------

A Corrupt File:

From what you've said, this is a corrupt file that you were operating with.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 5:20 PM in response to Mr. Bacon

Mr. Bacon Said:

"Made an encrypted folder: Bizarre! over 30 years with Apple and no complaints but lately it's one **** thing after another. In this case I created a new ecncrypted file, went through the crap loading the folder with the old files and it works just fine!"

-------

A Corrupt File:

From what you've said, this is a corrupt file that you were operating with.

Sep 24, 2022 7:29 PM in response to Mr. Bacon

Mr. Bacon Said:

"Made an encrypted folder: When trying to open it in the traditional way, double clicking on it, Finder asks for password but nothing opens."

-------

If a Decrypted Item Won't Show:

A. Start with a Restart:

Restart your Mac, seeing if it show up after the restart.

B. Refresh Finder.

See if refreshing Finder does the trick. The screen might show it.

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: Finder
  4. Click: Relaunch button (last item)
  5. Click: Relaunch button (last item)

C. Remove a Connected Display.

If you have a connected display, then it might be showing on that display while it is off. So, disconnect it.

Made an encrypted folder, won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.