AirPods Pro 2 no Sound with Samsung TV -

We buy two AirPods Pro 2 . Before we had 2 Pros Gen1 . Working on all 3 Samsung TVs 2020/2021 . Now the Gen2 will not working on any Samsung TV - Connecting okay - Volume Control Okay - But no Sound - try everything - not working. Just a millsecond sound scratch after connecting then silence .....

can anyone try this - Gen2 to Samsung TV

QAQ95,

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 10:50 PM

I was using air pod gen 3 no problem with Samsung tv. Just upgraded to AirPods Pro gen 2 and they work but lose sound if fast forward/rewind/skip and when each episode finishes. Need to go into tv menu where it shows AirPods are still connected, have to disconnect, and reconnect each time. Most frustrating.

Similar questions

125 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2023 10:50 PM in response to tigercompany

I was using air pod gen 3 no problem with Samsung tv. Just upgraded to AirPods Pro gen 2 and they work but lose sound if fast forward/rewind/skip and when each episode finishes. Need to go into tv menu where it shows AirPods are still connected, have to disconnect, and reconnect each time. Most frustrating.

Aug 25, 2023 10:34 PM in response to tigercompany

SOLUTION!!! (From another thread I found — thank you to the original poster 🙌🏼)

When connecting the airpods to the TV, they have a built in volume which is disconnected to the TV volume, and this defaults itself to minimum hence seeming like there's no sound coming through.

If you use the new airpods, and using the side of them increase the airpod volume directly (stroking the stem upwards) you will solve the problem!

Volume control process on airpods: Pause, skip and adjust volume with your AirPods and AirPods Pro – Apple Support (UK)

Apr 27, 2024 4:01 PM in response to tigercompany

Brand new AirPods Pro 2 arrived yesterday.

Connected to my 2023 Samsung Frame Tv, they connected fine and worked for about 13 mins.

After 13 mins I noticed a crackling/choppy sound on them. Put them back in case for a minutes reconnected sounded fine.

Today used them with YouTube app on the tv. If I fast forward or scroll through a video the sound goes choppy and then drops. Tv says they are still connected though. Have tried volume on the stalks etc.

AirPods are on latest firmware (6B34)

frame tv is also on latest firmware.

So looks like over 2 years this issue is on going?

Should I give up and return now while I can?

Very disappointed in Apple

Oct 17, 2022 7:46 PM in response to tigercompany

Same issue for me. Brand new AirPods Pro Gen 2. Model A2618, Version 5A377.

Apparently they worked fine straight out of the box with the previous Firmware version, as soon as you update to 5A377 they stop working. Which means it is an Apple problem and not a Samsung problem.

We have a Samsung Q60 75".

My wife has AirPod Pro Gen1 that connect fine no problems at all.

The crazy thing is my AirPods are named simply 'Geno' but when they are seen and connect to the Samsung TV the TV calls them 'Geno - Find My' without me choosing this or having any way to do anything differently. I have factory reset my TV 3 times and the AirPods about 5 times.

The sound is very crackly and painful and only in one ear. If you change the channel or move the menu around or open Netflix or anything at all you immediately lose all sound.

I have a suspicion that the AirPods are transmitting on 2 channels, one for sound which has high bandwidth for all data it needs, and a low bandwidth for the Find My function to work, to find them and make a siren sound. This would make sense to me as the previous versions didn't have the siren/sound function in Find My. It explains the poor quality sound and the name the TV gives it. I think the TV is connecting therefore to the Find My channel and not seeing the actual audio channel... does that make sense?

Nov 13, 2022 8:51 PM in response to lokesh_reddy96

My update: Samsung have reviewed this extensively and advised it cannot be a TV issue. I have updated to the latest firmware version for my TV. I have also updated my AirPods to the latest Firmware: 5B58. Apple are reviewing still but keep advising that this is not an Apple issue because the AirPods work with my iPhone! Seems the issue is not going to be resolved if neither Apple nor TV manufacturers will resolve it...

Dec 26, 2022 10:34 PM in response to tigercompany

I just got a pair of AirPods Pro Gen 2 yesterday for my husband’s birthday. We were all excited and tried connecting it to our Samsung Q65AB 55 TV and we got the AirPods connected but no sound. After googling and some trials and errors finally today we got the sound on the AirPods after connecting to the Samsung TV.

What I did was:

1. Changed the Digital Output Audio Format of my Samsung TV from Auto to PCM. Go to your Samsung TV setting > Sound > Expert Setting > Digital Output Audio Format > change from auto to PCM
  2. Updated my iPhone 14 pro max IOS to 16.2
  3. Lastly connected the fully charged AirPods Pro gen 2 to my iPhone and got the AirPods firmware updated from 5A577 to 5A5B

Yes we got the sound on the TV but it was not perfect, the volume control on the AirPods wasn’t very well as compared to when connected to the iPhone.

You may want to try the above and good luck !!!

Sep 28, 2022 1:16 PM in response to tigercompany

update: I found a temporary solution: by switching the output sound repeatedly from tv speaker to airpods and back and back to airpods and keep doing it until it will work:)) So far, I only had sound on airpods for 1 min and then puff….

I have the same issue with my airpods pro 2……It started disappointing….ios 16 with a lot of bugs, too many for apple and it continues to be discovered so many others….

Jan 11, 2023 8:05 PM in response to gene.turner

I urge you all to reference my case number 101823815654 and insist you are also compensated.

I was sent an Apple 4K with ethernet free as an apology.

However it doesn't fix my problem as I still can't use AirPods with PS5 or a movie playing off a thumb drive in the TV.

I live in Australia in case that means anything to you or your claim.

I also have a letter from the Store authorising a return from the store I Bought the AirPods from as they at least agreed that they are not acceptable to me and not 'fit for purpose'.

AirPods Pro 2 no Sound with Samsung TV -

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.