Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud and file management

Is there a way to have a folder saved just to my MacBook Air and not be uploaded to icloud? I have an application that I want saved only onto my MacBook but can't seem to figure out how while keeping all other items synchronized with iCloud. This particular application gets reset every time I use it currently because of iCloud. Its very frustrating.

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 11:48 AM

Save the file to any folder that isn't being synced to iCloud.

If you have iCloud Drive turned on, but not the Desktop & Documents option, you could save to any folder other than iCloud Drive.

If you have the Desktop & Documents option, you could save to any folder other than Desktop, Documents or iCloud Drive. On way to do that is to open a Finder window, click the "Go" menu in the menu bar and then click the Home folder in that menu. That will take you to your home folder. Then click the File menu in the menu bar and click New Folder. That will create a new folder in your home folder. It will not be synced to iCloud and you can save files to that folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 11:48 AM in response to lightningbolt319

Save the file to any folder that isn't being synced to iCloud.

If you have iCloud Drive turned on, but not the Desktop & Documents option, you could save to any folder other than iCloud Drive.

If you have the Desktop & Documents option, you could save to any folder other than Desktop, Documents or iCloud Drive. On way to do that is to open a Finder window, click the "Go" menu in the menu bar and then click the Home folder in that menu. That will take you to your home folder. Then click the File menu in the menu bar and click New Folder. That will create a new folder in your home folder. It will not be synced to iCloud and you can save files to that folder.

iCloud and file management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.