Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

move a single folder from iCloud to MacBook

I have one folder that I do not want to be kept in the iCloud. How can I keep documents and folders in iCloud On, but prevent one folder from being kept in the cloud?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 3:28 PM

Move the folder to someplace on your Mac that is not synced. One option is to open Finder, use the Finder "Go" menu item and click "Home" and then create a new folder in the Home folder (via Finder File menu > New Folder). Then move the folder that you don't want synced to that new folder (or skip creating a new folder and just move the folder to your Home folder).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 3:28 PM in response to billkatl

Move the folder to someplace on your Mac that is not synced. One option is to open Finder, use the Finder "Go" menu item and click "Home" and then create a new folder in the Home folder (via Finder File menu > New Folder). Then move the folder that you don't want synced to that new folder (or skip creating a new folder and just move the folder to your Home folder).

move a single folder from iCloud to MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.