Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to combine video clips

I had 20 years of video tapes digitalized and have imported to iMovie. My problem is, I need to be able to separate the clips. One half of each clip is one family, the other half is another family. I would like to be able to create a project with one-half of 20 clips and another project with the other half. What software would be best/easiest to use?

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 2:26 PM

iMovie can split the clips.

Create two projects. Open Project #1, and put all of your clips into Project #1 that eventually will contain the clips for Family #1. Locate the playhead at the point where you want to make a split, and then do a Modify/Split Clip to create a segment. Select a split segment that pertains to Family #2 and do an Edit/Copy of it. Open project #2 and do an Edit/Paste of the segment into the timeline. Repeat as necessary. When you are done you will have Project #1 containing all the segments pertaining to Family #1, and Project #2 containing all the segments pertaining to Family #2.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 2:26 PM in response to Pharmboy007

iMovie can split the clips.

Create two projects. Open Project #1, and put all of your clips into Project #1 that eventually will contain the clips for Family #1. Locate the playhead at the point where you want to make a split, and then do a Modify/Split Clip to create a segment. Select a split segment that pertains to Family #2 and do an Edit/Copy of it. Open project #2 and do an Edit/Paste of the segment into the timeline. Repeat as necessary. When you are done you will have Project #1 containing all the segments pertaining to Family #1, and Project #2 containing all the segments pertaining to Family #2.

-- Rich

How to combine video clips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.