Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max just shut down while it was plugged into the charger

Just updated iOS this week and my iPhone 13 Pro Max just shut down while it was plugged into the charger. Have tried multiple times to do a hard restart, volume up, volume down, and hold the side button, with no success. iOS failure?

Complete black screen, have tried multiple chargers and connecting to iTunes with no luck.

Does anyone else have this problem? If I choose to mail it in for repair it says I have to turn off the find my phone option or the repair will be invalid. So what options do I have?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 2:54 PM

If you have spoken with Apple support directly and the suggestion is to send in for physical inspection/repair/replacement then you need to do that. Yes you have to turn off Find My especially since they may be replacing your device. But if they are aware that it won’t power on it seems like they would advise on options or wouldn’t require it. Otherwise, check to see if there are any authorized repair facilities for Apple in your area (for example, Best Buy is one in my area).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 2:54 PM in response to bahutton

If you have spoken with Apple support directly and the suggestion is to send in for physical inspection/repair/replacement then you need to do that. Yes you have to turn off Find My especially since they may be replacing your device. But if they are aware that it won’t power on it seems like they would advise on options or wouldn’t require it. Otherwise, check to see if there are any authorized repair facilities for Apple in your area (for example, Best Buy is one in my area).

iPhone 13 Pro Max just shut down while it was plugged into the charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.