Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applications under messages window?

When I open up my Messages app on my iPhone, at the bottom (and above the keypad) there is a row of application icons. Some are very handy, like Photos, where I can open my photos and select one to put in my message text. Others are, to me at least, pretty useless. How can I edit this row of application icons. That is, put in the apps there that are useful to me, and get rid of the ones that aren't?

iPhone SE

Posted on Sep 26, 2022 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 4:41 PM

Hello Dannymac22,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to remove applications from appearing in the app drawer of the Messages app. We can help point you in the right direction on how to remove these apps and only keep the ones you like. Here's how to do it:

1. Open the Messages app > go to a conversation thread > from the app drawer, swipe all the way to the left and tap the More button.
  2. Tap Edit in the upper left corner > tap the Remove or minus tab for the app you'd like to remove > select "Remove from Favorites > select "Done."

You can review details of how to manage the app drawer in this article: Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support Specifically the section that says, "Manage iMessage apps."

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 4:41 PM in response to Dannymac22

Hello Dannymac22,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you'd like to remove applications from appearing in the app drawer of the Messages app. We can help point you in the right direction on how to remove these apps and only keep the ones you like. Here's how to do it:

1. Open the Messages app > go to a conversation thread > from the app drawer, swipe all the way to the left and tap the More button.
  2. Tap Edit in the upper left corner > tap the Remove or minus tab for the app you'd like to remove > select "Remove from Favorites > select "Done."

You can review details of how to manage the app drawer in this article: Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support Specifically the section that says, "Manage iMessage apps."

Best regards.

applications under messages window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.