Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase an Apple Device using an Apple Gift Card

I have bought an Apple Gift Card worth an iPhone and when I try to buy the device from the Singapore Apple Store website, it doesn’t let me purchase it using the card even though my Apple Balance contains the total amount of the Gift Card. How do I resolve this and is there any way to refund this and use a different form of payment method?

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 10:23 AM

Multiple people. have had problems like yours. Go to the website you are trying to order from, scroll to the bottom, and see if there is a contact number.

For your Apple ID balance, you can’t transfer your Apple Account balance to another payment method. From the article below.

About unused Apple ID balance

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support to request a refund. - When you contact Apple, please include the following information:

Your Apple ID.   -

The refund amount.

Your current shipping address.

Apple ID balance - View  *

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2022 10:23 AM in response to nimzer98

Multiple people. have had problems like yours. Go to the website you are trying to order from, scroll to the bottom, and see if there is a contact number.

For your Apple ID balance, you can’t transfer your Apple Account balance to another payment method. From the article below.

About unused Apple ID balance

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support to request a refund. - When you contact Apple, please include the following information:

Your Apple ID.   -

The refund amount.

Your current shipping address.

Apple ID balance - View  *

Purchase an Apple Device using an Apple Gift Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.