Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to use gift cards bought from target, Best Buy

I have bought 5 Apple gift cards online from target, Best Buy and Amazon. I was successful to load into my Apple Card balance but when trying to use them to buy an iPhone, I’m getting transaction failed use different card… when tried to buy instore… it shows some unusual activity and transaction not approved. Even store employees unable to figure out the issue. Called customer service and asked them to refund back to gift cards, they did and tried applying gift card pins in the transaction…still no luck…. Finally I want to understand why I’m unable to use the gift cards or Apple Card balance even after redeeming into my Account? Are best buy and target a scam to buy gift cards from?

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 9:17 AM

Hi,

I am speaking with no reference to Apple documents here but I have seen multiple topics about problems people have had in connection with multiple gift cards and buying expensive items. Gift cards have been a popular tool for scam artists and I suspect your combination of multiple cards and buying something that's relatively expensive is triggering Apple's fraud warning system.

I would recommend that instead of buying multiple gift cards you simply pay for the item with a credit card, debit card, cash or whatever.

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2022 9:17 AM in response to dheeraj233

Hi,

I am speaking with no reference to Apple documents here but I have seen multiple topics about problems people have had in connection with multiple gift cards and buying expensive items. Gift cards have been a popular tool for scam artists and I suspect your combination of multiple cards and buying something that's relatively expensive is triggering Apple's fraud warning system.

I would recommend that instead of buying multiple gift cards you simply pay for the item with a credit card, debit card, cash or whatever.

About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support

Unable to use gift cards bought from target, Best Buy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.