Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Local files not syncing to Iphone

I uploaded local files from my pc to my itunes account and it's not showing up on the apple music app on my iphone. I already checked if the two were synced and they are.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 12:42 PM

Do you have a subscription to Apple Music? If so you would normally turn on Sync Library aka iCloud Music Library in both iTunes and your device, and have content sync via the cloud - see Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to resolve issues with content that is waiting, ineligible, etc. Otherwise see Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support and sync a selection of content to your device over a USB connection. Adding content to your library without an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription doesn't "add it to your account".

tt2

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 12:42 PM in response to 2009weatherguide

Do you have a subscription to Apple Music? If so you would normally turn on Sync Library aka iCloud Music Library in both iTunes and your device, and have content sync via the cloud - see Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support to resolve issues with content that is waiting, ineligible, etc. Otherwise see Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support and sync a selection of content to your device over a USB connection. Adding content to your library without an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription doesn't "add it to your account".

tt2

Oct 24, 2022 7:22 AM in response to 2009weatherguide

after the update to iOS16 on my iPhone SE2 I was no longer able to synchronize my music library to transfer my songs from my iMac to my iPhone. In the music app on iMac the songs were shown to be on my iPhone but in the music app on my iPhone no song were listed. I recognized that on iMac in settings of the music app the option "sync library" was no longer checked. When I tried to activate the setting again I was forced to subscribe to Apple Music. Only after I subscribed, I could finally check the option and again transfer songs from my music library to my iPhone. Now that this works again, I immediately canceled the free trial at Apple Music. Apple should communicate this better or even handle it more customer friendly i.e. allow changes of the "sync library option" without forced subscription.

Local files not syncing to Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.