Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add a song to my iPhone

I got this message when trying to add a song to my iPhone using Music:"Some files were not copied to the iPhone “iPhone” because Cloud Music Library is enabled on this iPhone".

Since I don't have a Cloud Music Library but just an iCloud Music Library, I searched high and low and it seems that - apart from using third-party apps - the only way to transfer a song (not bought at the iTunes Store) from the Music library on my computer to my iPhone (iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 15.4) is to disable Sync Library. However, this will remove Apple music content from my device.

My question is: if I disable Sync Library, transfer the song in question and enable Sync Library again will the songs I had previously downloaded to my iPhone be automatically re-downloaded?

TIA

Posted on Mar 20, 2022 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2022 11:02 AM

Hello danmartinnt,

Are you using Sync Library on the device that you're looking to sync the song from? If so, you should be able to have it automatically sync to other devices that also have Sync Library on.

This page helps to go over accessing your library on all devices: Access your music library on all your devices

Regarding the question on whether songs would automatically re-download to the device, they would not. They would be present in the library, but not downloaded unless you opted to re-download them manually.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2022 11:02 AM in response to danmartinnt

Hello danmartinnt,

Are you using Sync Library on the device that you're looking to sync the song from? If so, you should be able to have it automatically sync to other devices that also have Sync Library on.

This page helps to go over accessing your library on all devices: Access your music library on all your devices

Regarding the question on whether songs would automatically re-download to the device, they would not. They would be present in the library, but not downloaded unless you opted to re-download them manually.

Cheers.

Cannot add a song to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.