Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why cant i upgrade my MacbookPro High Sierra 10.13.6 to Monter

When I try to upgrade my macOS version from High Sierra to Monterey, I get a message saying “installation requires downloading important content. That content can’t be downloaded at this time. Try again later. Can someone help please?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 28, 2022 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 6:40 AM

Kombiechick wrote:

When I try to upgrade my macOS version from High Sierra to Monterey, I get a message saying “installation requires downloading important content. That content can’t be downloaded at this time. Try again later. Can someone help please?

macOS Monterey hardware requirements—

macOS Monterey - Apple

iMac late 2015 and later

iMac Pro 2017 and later

MacBook Air early 2015 and later

MacBook Pro early 2015 and later

Mac Pro late 2013 and later

Mac mini late 2014 and later

MacBook early 2016 and later

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 6:40 AM in response to Kombiechick

Kombiechick wrote:

macOS Monterey hardware requirements—

macOS Monterey - Apple

iMac late 2015 and later

iMac Pro 2017 and later

MacBook Air early 2015 and later

MacBook Pro early 2015 and later

Mac Pro late 2013 and later

Mac mini late 2014 and later

MacBook early 2016 and later

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey

How to upgrade to macOS Monterey - Apple Support

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.6

Sep 29, 2022 8:24 AM in response to Kombiechick

along with the advice you've already received, some people have had issues trying to upgrade to Monterey from any macOS prior to Big Sur. if it was me, i would try "stepping up" one macOS at a time by first upgrading from High Sierra to Mojave then to Catalina then to Big Sur before finally moving on to Monterey. it will be time consuming, but you may want to consider it.

the download for the earlier macOSes can be found here: 

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Sep 29, 2022 8:06 AM in response to Kombiechick

There are reports appearing on the ASC Forums regarding failed installation of Monterey on older Qualifying Apple Computers. In most cases this is related to having a NON Apple Original Internal Drive ?  

The EFI Boot ROM included in Monterey is verifying for Original Apple Drive and if not found , may Balk or fail to upgrade to Monterey. 

Reports indicate the EFI BOOT ROM is Required to Flash the Computer and is a  requirement for a Successful Monterey Installation.

why cant i upgrade my MacbookPro High Sierra 10.13.6 to Monter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.