Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I deleted my Yahoo email account from my iPhone, I lost most of my contacts

I had an apple account; however, when I deleted my Yahoo email account from my iphone I lost most of my contacts. Can I restore them? If so how?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 9:03 AM

You were using Yahoo as your default Contacts source, so when you deleted the Yahoo account the contacts went with it. As your Yahoo account is the only source for those contacts you will have to add it back (if you can), or access it some other way and copy the contacts to a different contact source (such as iCloud).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2022 9:03 AM in response to susan.demas

You were using Yahoo as your default Contacts source, so when you deleted the Yahoo account the contacts went with it. As your Yahoo account is the only source for those contacts you will have to add it back (if you can), or access it some other way and copy the contacts to a different contact source (such as iCloud).

When I deleted my Yahoo email account from my iPhone, I lost most of my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.