Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost contacts.

I had 2 accounts on my iPhone. It originally was a phone used as my work phone with an email of my office and Exchange server information. After I retired I added my personal email accounts to this phone. Today I deleted my old email and now I'm missing quite a few of my contacts. How can I get those back? I went to iCloud and did a restore of contacts but that did not bring back the contacts I am previously missing.. Any other ideas?

Pam

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 4:29 PM

PhoenixPam wrote:

I had 2 accounts on my iPhone. It originally was a phone used as my work phone with an email of my office and Exchange server information. After I retired I added my personal email accounts to this phone. Today I deleted my old email and now I'm missing quite a few of my contacts. How can I get those back? I went to iCloud and did a restore of contacts but that did not bring back the contacts I am previously missing.. Any other ideas?

Pam

You deleted old email or old mail account, if the latter that is the reason the contacts are missing they were synced to that account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2023 4:29 PM in response to PhoenixPam

PhoenixPam wrote:

Pam

You deleted old email or old mail account, if the latter that is the reason the contacts are missing they were synced to that account.

Feb 24, 2023 8:43 AM in response to PhoenixPam

PhoenixPam wrote:

Yes that is the case but is there somewhere in my backups to get the contacts from that account back to my other accounts.

No, contacts aren't part of the backup, they are synced to whatever cloud or mail program you use, in your case your old work email.

Only way to recover it is to contact the IT person at said company and see if they can help out.

Lost contacts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.