Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Verify AirPods

I need to know if the Airpods I purchased on Facebook marketplace are legit Apple produced airpods or if I got scammed.

I am getting a notice when I connect to bluetooth saying

"Cannot Verify AirPods" "These headphones could not be verified as genuine apple airpods

would you like to connect anyway?"

The serial number is GW****MMT printed on both the airpods as well as the box.

Thank you,

Kristi

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 29, 2022 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 4:45 PM

Kristi_We Said:

"Cannot Verify AirPods: When I enter the serial number in the link/website you sent me, I get this message...'We’re sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us.' Does this mean it's not finding the serial number? Thanks, Kristi"

-------

About this Message:

I suspect that they are a return that was never washed off of Apple's device database. So, contact Apple Support. They'd have the answer to this, upfront.

Apple Phone Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2022 4:45 PM in response to Kristi_We

Kristi_We Said:

"Cannot Verify AirPods: When I enter the serial number in the link/website you sent me, I get this message...'We’re sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us.' Does this mean it's not finding the serial number? Thanks, Kristi"

-------

About this Message:

I suspect that they are a return that was never washed off of Apple's device database. So, contact Apple Support. They'd have the answer to this, upfront.

Apple Phone Support:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Sep 30, 2022 12:21 PM in response to TheLittles

When I enter the serial number in the link/website you sent me, I get this message...

"We’re sorry, but this is a serial number for a product that has been replaced. Please check your information and re-enter your serial number. If your information is correct, you may need to contact us."

Does this mean it's not finding the serial number?

Thanks,

Kristi

Sep 29, 2022 9:23 PM in response to Kristi_We

Kristi_We Said:

"Cannot Verify AirPods: Are their any other ways to tell if they aren't genuine? Can you check on that serial number please???"

-------

Discovering AirPods' Genuineness:

Perform the Following:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number Here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support
  3. If they show up as AirPods, then all is fine.

Cannot Verify AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.