Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Logged but Not Connecting

I have been having several issues with my iPhone XR. Initially, I could not access Maps, Safari, or even my Apple ID unless I was connected to the internet. I restart my phone several times to no avail. Finally, I reset my phone only to be told that my Apple ID could not be verified. I had to connect to Wi-Fi for it to connect. I cleared the cache in Safari and that allowed me to use the aforementioned apps for a few hours without Wi-Fi. The problem soon resurfaced. I reset the network settings. That did nothing. So I erased all contents and settings. Now I can use the apps without Wi-Fi, but now I cannot connect to the Wi-Fi. I am currently logged on to the Wi-

Fi but it doesn’t show the connection. I have the latest update. This happens on my home Wi-Fi and work Wi-Fi. How do I fix this problem?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 4:46 AM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2022 4:43 PM in response to CandyBae11

Hello CandyBae11,

It sounds like you've already gone through most of the basic troubleshooting. Based on the image you included it looks like the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. The issue is, it's currently using the cellular connection instead of the Wi-Fi connection.

Go to Settings > Cellular, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Where it has the Wi-Fi Assist option, is that currently turned on? If it is, turn it off then see if the connection in the status bar changes to the Wi-Fi signal indicator instead of LTE.

If it still won't switch to the Wi-Fi connection, then the next step would be to have your device serviced. You can find available service options for iPhone here: iPhone Repair & Service

Cheers!

WiFi Logged but Not Connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.