Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Under "Settings" my IPhone shows that it's connected to my wifi at home, but There is no wifi in the upper right-hand corner, and I cannot connect to the internet. To fix the issue, I have to turn off my iPhone and restart it.

I use my iPhone at home and everything works, but periodically, the phone looses wifi connectivity. Under "Settings" my IPhone shows that it's connected to my wifi at home, but there is no wifi in the upper right-hand corner, and I cannot connect to the internet. To fix the issue, I have to turn off my iPhone and restart it. Why does this happen and is there a way to fix the connectivity issue without having to reboot my iPhone?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2022 12:14 PM

Check the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Check also the Wi-Fi network, see the following Apple articles:

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2022 12:14 PM in response to richardfromil

Check the range of the mobile network, see this Apple article: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Check also the Wi-Fi network, see the following Apple articles:

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Connect to Wi-Fi on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password - Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Apr 30, 2022 3:17 PM in response to Raicya

Thanks, but none of the things that you suggest have anything to do with my issue. Most of the time at home, I am connected and everything works fine. Periodically, for no apparent reason, my iPhone gets confused and drops the connection to the router even though I'm sitting within 10 feet of the router. In settings, everything looks like I'm connected; the network is shown and everything looks good, but the wifi icon doesn't show up on the screen. The only way that I have found to fix it is to reboot the iphone. I suspect it is a software issue with Apple.

Under "Settings" my IPhone shows that it's connected to my wifi at home, but There is no wifi in the upper right-hand corner, and I cannot connect to the internet. To fix the issue, I have to turn off my iPhone and restart it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.