Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off log in after sleep?

Trying to set up my Mac mini running Monterey. As I type this I'm not sure if it is after sleep or screen saver or both. When I go to use the Mini it requires I again enter my password. I am literally the only person who uses this Mini so access isn't a concern. How do I turn off the password requirement? Thank you for your help and assistance

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 8:10 AM

5 replies

Sep 30, 2022 9:54 AM in response to Robert Chatfield

If Filevault is enabled, then you cannot. Otherwise you need to change the "Automatic Login" option to your macOS user account in the "User & Groups" System Preferences. The setting can be found once you unlock the padlock and click "Login Options" on the left pane of the System Preferences.

You can adjust how quickly the screen locks or the system sleeps in the "Energy Saver" and/or "Desktop & Screen Saver" System Preferences if the Mac is locking too quickly for you.

How to turn off log in after sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.