Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to mute or turn off one line on a dual sim phone

Hi, I've got an iPhone 13 mini and have set it up with both a physical SIM for my personal number, and an eSIM for a business number. I'd like to turn off just the Business number on occasions - how do you do this?

I've seen an old answer here but it talks about going to Settings - Cellular, but I have no Cellular option! Possibly a specific American setup, as we don't tend to use the word Cellular? I'm in the UK.

Thanks for any help!

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Sep 30, 2022 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 8:32 AM

Hello Feltwell2,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know if it is possible to turn off your business number that is using an eSIM temporarily on occasions. We're happy to help!

Yes, you can turn your eSIM line on and off as you please. Your eSIM, for a given country or region, will typically be displayed as a secondary line on your device and you can enable and disable its functionality as well as modify features within your settings.

Manage cellular settings
To change your cellular settings for each of your plans, follow these steps:
Go to Settings.
Tap either Cellular or Mobile Data.
Tap the number you want to change.
Tap each option and set it as you normally would.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 8:32 AM in response to Feltwell2

Hello Feltwell2,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you want to know if it is possible to turn off your business number that is using an eSIM temporarily on occasions. We're happy to help!

Yes, you can turn your eSIM line on and off as you please. Your eSIM, for a given country or region, will typically be displayed as a secondary line on your device and you can enable and disable its functionality as well as modify features within your settings.

Manage cellular settings
To change your cellular settings for each of your plans, follow these steps:
Go to Settings.
Tap either Cellular or Mobile Data.
Tap the number you want to change.
Tap each option and set it as you normally would.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

How to mute or turn off one line on a dual sim phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.