Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder Structure Hierarchy MacBook Air 2022

Is it possible to show the folder structure hierarchy on the left side of the Viewer window? In Windows OS it is very simple to do this but on the Mac, not at all. I can see the road map at the bottom of the screen as far as 'where I am' in the hierarchy but the hierarchy itself is not visible in such a way to facilitate creating/moving folders within the hierarchies.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 2:26 PM

I find the easiest way to know your location in the hierarchy is by showing the full path in the Finder window (like a URL). There is a setting on the Finder's "View" menu to enable showing the full path to the current location viewed. You can also use it to quickly navigate higher in the path hierarchy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2022 2:26 PM in response to GardenerCO

I find the easiest way to know your location in the hierarchy is by showing the full path in the Finder window (like a URL). There is a setting on the Finder's "View" menu to enable showing the full path to the current location viewed. You can also use it to quickly navigate higher in the path hierarchy.

Folder Structure Hierarchy MacBook Air 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.