Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari / Monterey issue

Since upgrading to OS 15.6 & Safari 16 I've had the following issue with Safari. After a period of use, opening & closing, when I try to open Safari and it won't open. With the cursor over the Safari icon it shows 'Application not responding'. I have to do a forced quit and even then Safari will not reopen. I have to reboot my Mac mini and then Safari works fine for a while and then won't open and I have to force quit and reboot.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 1, 2022 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2022 5:47 AM

Douglas wrote:

Since upgrading to OS 15.6 & Safari 16 I've had the following issue with Safari. After a period of use, opening & closing, when I try to open Safari and it won't open. With the cursor over the Safari icon it shows 'Application not responding'. I have to do a forced quit and even then Safari will not reopen. I have to reboot my Mac mini and then Safari works fine for a while and then won't open and I have to force quit and reboot.

Thanks in advance.

?

Hold the Shift key down and launch Safari.app to bypass an issue and test from there

What happens if Safari is put in full screen mode to get it out of the way—

use Mission Control to leave it open in the background

re: Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

¿ you posted in the Monterey community....?

Your Catalina has an macOS update: 10.15.7 (19H2026) (July 20, 2022)

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2022 5:47 AM in response to Douglas

Douglas wrote:

Thanks in advance.

?

Hold the Shift key down and launch Safari.app to bypass an issue and test from there

What happens if Safari is put in full screen mode to get it out of the way—

use Mission Control to leave it open in the background

re: Use Mission Control on your Mac - Apple Support

¿ you posted in the Monterey community....?

Your Catalina has an macOS update: 10.15.7 (19H2026) (July 20, 2022)

Safari / Monterey issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.