Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not responding

Safari is not responding when trying to open or quit. It is very slow to open when launching and then if you try to quit I get the beach ball. I have to force quit in order to get out of Safari. I am running on iMac version 12.6.1 and Safari version 16.1.

The iMac is a 2017 2.3 ghz Dual core Intel. I have used Malwarebytes and Etrecheck but am not finding any issues. The problem has been happening for a few weeks. I tried clearing history in Safari, restarting the computer. The hard drive is not full and all other applications appear to be working fine.

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:37 AM

That is odd. As you've tried all the things I would normally suggest, you may wish to try reinstalling macOS (which will reinstall Safari).

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

1 reply

Safari not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.